Help with RGB lighting test

As long as the pwm frequency is known, a filter circuit can be added to provide the correct outputs without flicker. I’m just going with r,g,b,i dials for now, but I really want an automated solution. I.e. pick two points one supposedly white, and one supposedly black. Then the software reconfigures the lighting as needed. This is all to avoid the dreaded 4 scans per frame thing of course with a 16bit monochrome camera. Going slower is not where I need to go. At least not on 8mm/16mm. I’ll be happy with 4fps, all uncompressed 4k. Anything more and costs shoot up insanely. Errors in registration need extra vertical resolution.

1 Like

That would be such a cool feature. Has anyone seen that auto color dialing before? Any idea what algo we might use?

@matthewepler What kind of flicker are you experiencing with PWM? I thought global shutter would eliminate all flicker. I assume it’s not a “rolling bar” style, more like strobing effect?

It’s the flicker of the LED’s internal clock. Not to fear. I found some other ones that do basically the same thing but without the clock issue.