AEO Light sound extraction Advise

I’m not sure. I think the market for film scanners is limited in general. I’ve found that there are a ton of peripheral issues involved with high-quality film digitizing. The harder it is to master, the fewer people who will try it.

I also think that film scanning is a difficult problem to solve as evidenced by all the activity on the Kinograph forum. To put it bluntly, $40K for a mid-level scanner like the HDS+ is a lot of money for most people. Not only that, Filmfabriek is a small company of 5 to 10 people (as far as I can tell). Low-volume market, high priced item, small company with limited marketing budget. I’m guessing those are all reasons that the HDS+ is not as well known. But it’s a really nice scanner. If you don’t want to build one yourself, the HDS+ is a solid mid-tier product.

Hello. I always extract 16mm optical sound and it always comes out very well. Now I’m trying with 35mm and the sound comes out weird, like it’s slipping. I leave an example. Does anyone have any idea if I’m doing something wrong? Thank you

example 1

example 2

It sounds like you don’t have enough overlap between the previous and next frames for it to make continuous audio.

Is the image in the video exactly what you used in AEO Light? It looks like the soundtrack is slightly cropped and the film is rather unsteady. Both of those things will affect the sound extraction.