Archived topics up until today on the Internet Archive's Wayback machine

Hi all.

I have a strange issue with this site:

1. If I use Chrome to access this site, like I normally would, the front page loads, but the topics never loads (developer tools show the poll failing). I tried clearing all browser history, and from developer tools I tried deleting local storage and cookies, after which I just got a simple ERR_FAILED in Chrome. Waiting a few minutes and retrying resulted in a working website. The LetsEncrypt certificate is still shown as expired, but I can live with that.
  2. If I open an Incognito browser, I can browse the site normally without errors, and log in (and posted this). May just be a timing / coincidence.

Has anyone else experienced any problems (and if you’re currently experiencing it, you may not be able to reply to this, or even read it…)?

In any case, I had a lot of online meetings today, so went through all topics here, and saved them on the Internet Archive’s Wayback machine, to avoid losing all the valuable info that is already posted here. Funnily the wayback machine has no problem archiving…
Unfortunately I’m only allowed to make 500 saves a day, and crawling the whole forum is a paid service. So today I archived all the topics’ first page, and a few of the topics that have more than one page got all their pages archived.

BR
/Chris

2 Likes

The certificate of the forum is expired a few days ago… have sent a PM to Matthew Epler.

2 Likes

… today I tried to contact Matthew via a direct email. Have not heard from him yet…

2 Likes

Thank you Rolf.
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen activity from Matt.

Matt, if you’re reading this, I hope all is well. We miss your company on this site, and if you need a break away from the Kinograph project, I fully understand, but I do hope you come back at some point.

BR
/Chris

1 Like

Have you heard anything from Matthew? It would be a shame if this community disappeared, as I and many others would not be able to give and take all the past and future information and research being conducted here.

Not yet. Just tried to contact him via linkedIn. Let’s wait and see. At the moment, most browsers do not allow me to log into the forum, due to an expired security certificate of the site. I assume most people get the same error messages that I do. So at the moment, the forum is practically dead. The last update/activity of the Kinograph project I can find is from March 2023.

Matthew took care about the certificate issue. Mostly the forum is working again, but I am not able to see two recent contributions by @Manuel_Angel (answer to “DIY scanner compared to commercial scanner”) and @Rowan (“Getting there, but a little help needed! 8 mm Very Scilly Scanner with DSuper8”). Maybe they show up over the next days…

1 Like

Perhaps it rolled back to a slightly earlier time, do you think I should repost my post?

Hi Rowan,

frankly, I do not know. Matthew restored the certificate obviously, as the forum seems to be working again. But at least I am not able to see your post.

I got an email notification that you posted, but your contribution does not show up when I access the forum. I tried both Firefox and Edge. If I click on the embedded link in my email-notification, I land on a page saying " Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."

Manuel @Manuel_Angel is usually good in responding to questions about his software. Since he hasn’t answered yet, I assume he hasn’t seen it either. I would just repost it.

1 Like

When I clicked draft it still had half of it in there, so was able to complete it and repost it! :slight_smile: