How to use the forums

This is a place for people interested in participating in the development of the Kinograph project - an open source film scanning hardware/software platform.

What is it for?
These forums are about sharing information - ideas, designs, code, contacts - anything that helps us get closer to digitizing films with affordable open source tools.

Topics you’ll find here:

• Mechanical Design
  • Software Design
  • Grants and Funding
  • General Discussion on archiving, access, and film collections.

How to use this forum
Forums can be confusing to use sometimes. This one is built with “Discourse.” I have made a quick intro video on how to use it, which appears below. I hope it’s helpful.

Comments or suggestions regarding this site should be posted in reply to this thread. Please don’t forget to add the Category “Site Feedback.”

If you have a need to contact me directly, use this email address: info@kinograph.cc

Other great resources you can find here:
List of existing commercial and DIY machines
The “Introduce Yourself” thread

We’re glad you’re here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there BOM anywhere? drawings? I’m interesting in bulding one.

Check http://kinograph.cc for the previous version of Kingraph. It has links to the BOM, assembly instructions, software, etc.

Those plans are no longer being supported, however. It was meant as a proof-of-concept only. It does work, but is not suited for use outside of a test environment (meaning I had to fix it all the time).

This site’s purpose is to gather information to be used in the building of the next prototype.

M

Site Feedback

The ‘How to use this forum’ video doesn’t play! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

The original Kinograph YouTube channel, the channel that video was posted on, was “terminated” by YouTube back in March. They basically said the channel violated some of their Terms of Service. From what Matthew has said, they never gave a reason for why they deleted the channel.

1 Like