Lens/sensor combination

First attempt: an extended Manfrotto camera plate with base designed and 3D printed.

But I was pretty naive and forgot that this was starting to look more like macro photography.
The film strip and camera/lens combination had to be connected for an accurate result.

Attempt two: designed and 3D printed an even simpler base plate.
In the meantime, the rings had arrived to invert the Componon-S 50 mm f/2.8.
It is clear to see that by reversing the Componon-S lens, the distance between lens and sensor has become much shorter, while still having the same desired crop.
And the lens/sensor combination is rotated 45 degrees to make the most of the film surface and the proportions of the sensor.

Still looking for the right axles for my 3D printed 8mm rollers with 5x10x4mm ball bearings.
Anyone have a good tip?
Or something like this with a longer screw end and much cheaper. :wink:

Hi @Hans,

As I see in the images, it seems that you have mounted a helical adapter after the lens and behind it is the lens fixing clamp, probably to make the precise focus of the image.
From experience I have to tell you that it is not the appropriate place to mount the helical adapter.
The adapter must be mounted between the clamp and the camera.
The reason is simple: when the adapter is rotated, the distance between the lens and the camera varies, but the distance between the film and the lens also varies, thus making focus not possible.

I did my first montage like this:

When I realized the error I left it this way which is the one I use today:

If you do it the way I indicate, only the distance between the lens and the camera varies, while the lens-film distance remains fixed, making the focus we seek possible.

Regards

Frankly, I don’t think it’s a problem since the entire lens/sensor combination will be placed on a second vertical macro slider.

(Horizontal macro slider for the ‘Lightbox’. Still looking for 5mm metric thread Extra Fine)

In addition, in connection with stability, I also want to fix the sensor and then the helical adapter is between two fixed points and can no longer do its job.

1 Like

@Manuel_Angel
It is true that your focus is easier when only one distance varies. But the helical adapter adjusts the extension and therefore the magnification which must remain fixed. It is preferable to focus by moving the assembly in relation to the film. It is extremely sensitive and I absolutely advise the use of a micrometric slider table.