Lighting Research Results

@matthewepler, yes I did look at @johnarthurkelly PDF and appreciate his time to do the research.

John, I am planning on using three of the spec’d out white LEDs, YUJILEDSTM VTC 135L COB and figured the 5600K would give best results, I do note you used the 3200K what is your opinion on going daylight, which it seems is closer to to a projector’s ARC/Xenon output (I am transferring to start from a projection print)?

2nd question, how many white LED’s did you use? I note they are sold in packs of 5, I was working toward using 3, similar to your idea with the RGB LED’s but now wonder if that would be over kill? (although somehow I can’t see having ‘too much’ light, just makes the ƒ stop a bit higher and may solve focus issues.

I was going to try to getaway from using a ‘gate’ as such figuring if I had enough light to use a fast shutter speed and a lens set up with enough depth of field I could just keep the film strip tight between a pair of rollers and let it flutter a bit without issue. Your note however on how the light falls off from the Sphere now has me thinking I need something to hold the film near the light source w/o damage.

Thanks

Brian
PS the dc/dc buck you sourced is no longer available on Amazon. Once I determine how many LED’s to use, I will look to see what other substitutions might be found.

1 Like