Lpph Resolution of Cameras

It is a common practice by the camera manufacturers to present the resolution of digital cameras in pixels. But it is easier to get a more accurate idea if the resolution is presented as lpph (lines per picture height) since these results take in to account De Bayering etc… Are these machine vision cameras have these information?

This is a sample scan from Blackmagic Cintel.

the transfer function will depend heavily on the lens chosen as well as the f-stop you are operating the lens with.

Could you please advise me on thess cameras. My need is for 35mm Black & White film scanning. And intermittent frame capture
Model: BFS-U3-200S6M-C: 20 MP, 18 FPS, Sony IMX183, Mono
Model: BFS-U3-50S5M-C: 5.0 MP, 35 FPS, Sony IMX264, Mono
Thanks.

well, sorry, I can not really respond to this. I never used one of these cameras.

The two sensors are very different, judging from the basic parameters. The 2448 x 2048 px resolution of one of the sensors might not be sufficient for your 35 mm work. The other sensor with 20Mpx has a rolling shutter - not a good idea if you cannot guaranty that your frame stays absolutely still during exposure.

Both cameras are from FLIR, so I assume that the software environment is decent. As both cameras can be ordered from Edmund, one hint: Edmund offers support (even via chat) on their pages, check for example here:

You might want to interview them about the best sensor for your purpose.

Thanks for the reply. I have run tests with a Nikon J1 as the camera and got really sharp images. So no problem with a rolling shutter. I am more concerned with the resolution and Dynamic range. Since some forum members are reporting of un sharp images from FLIR cameras they used, I would like to have advise from members who have used the cameras.