README - start here

This is a place for people interested in participating in the development of the Kinograph project - an open source film scanning hardware/software platform.

What is it for?
These forums are about sharing information - ideas, designs, code, contacts - anything that helps us get closer to digitizing films with affordable open source tools.

Topics you’ll find here:

• Mechanical Design
  • Software Design
  • Grants and Funding
  • General Discussion on archiving, access, and film collections.

How to use this forum
Forums can be confusing to use sometimes. This one is built with “Discourse.” I have made a quick intro video on how to use it, which appears below. I hope it’s helpful.

Comments or suggestions regarding this site should be posted in reply to this thread. Please don’t forget to add the Category “Site Feedback.”

If you have a need to contact me directly, use this email address: info@kinograph.cc

Now go dive in!

Is there BOM anywhere? drawings? I’m interesting in bulding one.

Check http://kinograph.cc for the previous version of Kingraph. It has links to the BOM, assembly instructions, software, etc.

Those plans are no longer being supported, however. It was meant as a proof-of-concept only. It does work, but is not suited for use outside of a test environment (meaning I had to fix it all the time).

This site’s purpose is to gather information to be used in the building of the next prototype.

M