Well, that seems like AEO-Light computes the overlap between frames false, so that are
fewer samples per frame to the soundtrack than recorded (actually with gaps in the audio). The scan of the image has not enough overlap, so the software fails to find it. That is compensated via resampling, so the fewer samples are interpolated to match the
duration of a frame, thus results in a seemingly slower/deeper audio playback.
The best thing you can do is, to scan the frames with a bigger overlap, so that gaps do not
occur. If the scanner has not enough sensor area to do so, you can maybe make two shifted scans per frame (shift by 3 perforations instead of 4, in an extra scan only
for the audio). If you have scanned with 3 perforations, you have to change the frame rate to 4/3 of the original rate, in this case that would be 32 fps. And an overlap registration by image should be better.
My thesis isn't finished yet too. I had to make a pause, due to a broken right hand. So the
thesis will end a little bit later.
At the moment my software is able to detect and remove most dirt, so that about 80-90% of
clicks and pops are removed, and the noise caused by the emulsion grain, is reduced too. Looking forward to bring it over 98% dirt removal and a detection of the rest 2% (for removal by hand), but that is on the agenda after the thesis has finished.