The Missing Link? -- Sound Capture with Hardware

Thanks. I am familiar with the Russian projector you are using. What is the motor you used to drive the projector.

Gear motor from car doors.
Power supply 7-8 volts, with a nominal value of 12 volts. Plus a resistor in the power circuit. Adjust the speed of the gearbox.

Wow. Thanks. I also used parts from a projector to build my scanner. I have used an AC Motor (30 RPM) I get down from Ebay.

This is a test capture and restoration.

5 Likes

Beautiful! What did you use?

1 Like

Udayarangi - what camera do you work with, optics?

Sorry for the late reply.
I was bit busy and away from “Kinigraph”
The camera was a Nikon J1. But takes about 3 seconds to capture and store the image.

1 Like

Any updates on OSIRes, i would love to beta test it if willing?

Using AEO light 2.3.3 i always get clipping/distortion on the wav file, yet the encoded video created at the same time with aac audio never gets this, why?

Hi,
yes it has been a long time since, and lot of things happened.
I can’t give much inside in OSIRes anymore.
Last three years I worked for my employer Cube-Tec International on INSPECTIONscan One:

I also worked on accompanying features like EDFIRE, as cooperation with HS-ART Digital:

Start time at about 9m 50s.

Currently I am still on improving INSPECTIONscan and developing a module specific for optical audio capturing with film surface analysis.
So OSIRes will become a part of it.
At the moment I think of releasing two OSIRes Versions (much like Black Magics Davinci Resolve in free and studio version), with the studio version having more (hardware) related features.

2 Likes