I have just finished creating my first version of a 16mm Kinograph, based on Matt’s deisgn, and borrowing from ideas shown in Mike O’Reilly’s AACA machine, and many more.
It was a month of two steps forward and one step back, but now the machine works, in a basic manner.
- Stop movement (O’Reilly) for image capture,
- Three motors- one to drive each reel, and one for the film gate/capture,
- tension arms on both reels, reels are intermittent motion, driven by switches,
- 3D printed rollers with attached GT2 timing belt (idea from from Josh Sheldon)
- Arduino uno control, with a basic display for machine status- it controls the display, 5 switches, three DC motors and the camera remote shutter (through a relay).
I will post a video soon, but here are the pictures.
(oops, new user- I cannot post pictures. Will post them later, when allowed).