Integration of FLIR cameras

Capture d’écran 2021-02-05 à 13.14.08

This is a screen capture of the XIMEA software, this would be perfect

Hmm. Hope they will have some sensible pricing. Did you receive a quotation or a Demo?

No quotation yet.
You can download the software for free

Have you tried it out? Like to see a sample .dng. I do not have any machine vision camera footage with me to test. Are there any limitations or watermarks to the downloaded version?

I can’t try, my blackly is not compatible. It seems like only Ximea camera is compatible…
I don’t see any limitations or watermarks…

Back to square one. I wrote to Hikvision regarding their camera based on the Sony IMX 178 sensor. Their model is only US$ 190/- whereas the FLIR version based on the same sensor is US$ 445/-. At the ab-soft the same Hikvision camera is US$ 250/-. I may purchase this camera from Hikvision and, if the camera is OK, later purchase the software from ab-soft. That is the only solution that comes to my mind.

That could be a good solution.
Is it this camera ?
hikvision mv-ce060-10uc
Still waiting for ximea quotation…

ok Ximea is not for me :grinning:
“The single unit net prices for the MD028CU-SY is 1.950 € and 2.790 € for the MD061CY-SY, excl. shipping and taxes.”

hikvision mv-ce060-10uc
Yes, this is the camera. But I intend to purchase the Monochrome version.
Did you follow the “Gugusee Roller”.

http://www.deniscarl.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start

Denis is using a Raspberry Pi Camera for his captures. He is using PyDng to convert the RAW of the Pi camera and uses AEO-Light for sound extraction. He is quite happy with the results he get from 35mm trailers.

He asked me whether I can send him a sample RAW file from a machine vision camera to see whether he could convert it to .dng. Is it alright if I send him your sample file to test, since I do not have any sample files.

Of course, yes please send him the raw file, good idea

File sent. I have found a SDK to convert to dng files at Adobe site.
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6947
But do not know what can be done with this.

A guy has a made a specific version of flycap with dng support but he says only for Flea3 cameras.
https://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/8944/3d-3k-12-bit-raw-camera-project/p3
This address to download different versions of Flycap :

I tried with my Pointgrey Blackfly usb3. It is recognized. Jpg recording is fine, but DNG is not working well. Maybe I did something wrong with the settings…
Could any Flir/pointgrey users test it?
Thanks

Good development. Unfortunately, still we are the only people participating in this thread.

Hey there!
I’ll probably be getting a FLIR camera too soon and I plan to use the ImageMagick C++ API to do the conversion from raw to DNG and DPX. I’ll see how that goes…

1 Like

Hi Marian,
thanks for the info.
Which Flir camera ?

@fabutch Probably the Blackfly USB3 BFS-U3-122S6C-C but I’m not sure yet.

I’m currently building a prototype for a scanner with a sprocket-less gate and I’m trying to use imageAI to detect frames with the help of AI. Let’s see if this produces usable results…

Looks like a nice cam and interesting project… wish you success

All the best. Waiting to see your results.

According to Denis the converting a color raw file is bit difficult. Because of the de-bayering step. But the Monochrome raw file is easy (according to him). He has sent me the converted file. But the file size exceeds the uploading limits.

Thanks Maheel,
This is good news for you for the black & white raw