Hi all. I wanted to revisit cameras with you as there may have been some new developments or products to come out that I have not seen since I last went digging a few years back. I met someone recently who built a DIY scanner using the ZCam linked below and it got me curious about what options might exist beyond the industrial camera route I’ve been on until now with Flir.
Here are a couple links to whet your appettite. As you browse, keep in mind that we’d like to be able to achieve the following:
- minimum 2K, 4K would be nice
- easy to find compatible lenses
- can be triggered by cable/remote, or has a port for I/O signals we could hack
- 10-bit minimum, 12-bit preferable
- as many stops dynamic range as we can get. Ideally > 10.
- compact form factor
Here are a few that I came across after a very quick search. I’d love it if we could vet these together and look for some more.