The Missing Link? -- Sound Capture with Hardware

No, I haven’t changed my intention. I am also not related to the ScanPERFect clip.
But as I wrote, I am currently searching for a new job. It would be nice, if that could be an optical audio restoration related project at a university, so that I would be paid for it, while writing my PhD.
That was, what I meant by investors.
At Emden it is highly unlikely, because they have no budget for it. The university of Emden will continue that project too, but based on students work (without wages).
The AEO-Light team were six to eight persons who worked on that topic for six years with a budget of about 300.000$.
I am only one guy, who worked on it for one year without budget and without broad access to film material and a film scanner.
If I don’t get an opportunity to work in that direction, I will reorient but continue the optical audio restoration software on a private basis.
But that will take time.

My research results will be presented this weekend in Cologne at the TMT29. That is a convention for sound editors and sound engineers. I hope that will offer some opportunities.
By the way, here is a new restoration clip, that also will be shown at the TMT:

2 Likes